After years of work and feedback, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) have finalized rules that establish national emergency preparedness requirements for Medicare- and Medicaid-participating providers and suppliers to plan adequately for both natural and man-made disasters, and coordinate with federal, state, tribal, regional, and local emergency preparedness systems.
The final rule will also assist providers and suppliers to adequately prepare to meet the needs of patients, residents, clients, and participants during disasters and emergency situations.
The regulations will provide consistent emergency preparedness requirements, enhance patient safety during emergencies for persons served by Medicare- and Medicaid-participating facilities, and establish a more coordinated and defined response to natural and man-made disasters
The rules became effective November 15, 2016 and the full implementation date was November 15, 2017.
Becoming compliant with the final rule can be a complicated and time-consuming process, but 373 Consulting has the knowledge and experience to make the process straightforward. Whether you need to start at the beginning with a Hazard Vulnerability Analysis, or you need to test your existing plan with a well-written, facilitated exercise, 373 Consulting is your affordable solution!
Please contact us today with any questions!
• Critical Access Hospitals
• Long-Term Care Facilities, Skilled Nursing Facilities, and Nursing Facilities
• Religious Nonmedical Health Care Institutions
• Ambulatory Surgical Centers
• Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facilities
• Programs of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly
• Transplant Centers
• Intermediate Care Facilities for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities
• Home Health Agencies
• Comprehensive Outpatient Rehabilitation Facilities
• Clinics, Rehabilitation Agencies, and Public Health Agencies as Providers of
Outpatient Physical Therapy and Speech-Language Pathology Services
• Community Mental Health Centers
• Organ Procurement Organizations
• Rural Health Clinics and Federally Qualified Health Centers
• End-Stage Renal Disease Facilities